- Don’t over complicate your presentation. Slides that are clear, simple and straight to the point will ensure maximum engagement and understanding.
- Always create slides/content in 16:9 format (widescreen). Most projection areas today are in this format and it really does enhance images and content.
- Where possible, use multiple short video clips. Processing large films from Powerpoint/keynote can cause laptops and Macs to struggle, not to mention your audience.
- Avoid links to websites in your presentation. This can cause issues during a live show, such as pop-ups and ads all of which are out of the technicians’ control.
- Bring multiple copies and formats of your slides, videos and audio on a USB stick. Relying on downloads can be risky. Better to be safe than sorry.
‘Oh, and did we mention a fed and watered technician is
a happy technician’.